Do Your Search Here:

Google
 

Nuffnang

Friday, May 16, 2008

Added 50 little cherry shrimps and black peat.

Went to C328 to get Flourish Excel as the supply is running low.

As usual when you make a trip there, you will want to shop around to see what you can buy, maybe this is how guys spend their money. lol.

I saw a bag of baby cherry shrimps 50 for $10. Thinking I got nothing much in my tank, so I bought it. haha. Then got a pack of Algae wafer for them to feast.

On the other hand, I had been thinking how to lower the pH in my aqua tank, always in the range of 7.5. My cousin did recommend me some solutions but abit difficult to maintain like using Reverse Osmosis water to remove the bad substances from the tap water.

So when paying for my stuffs, I spoke to the shopowner's helper, maybe son,on how to reduce tank's pH, he told me can try to use black peat in the filter instead of dosing with chemical liquids. It is safer this way and friendlier to the fishes. So i got 1 box of black peat and put into my canister filter.

This morning before leaving for work, the water had turned abit cloudy, I believe it should be caused by the black peat. Will blog again whether the peat had managed to reduce the pH and make the tank a happy place for fishes.

No comments: