Do Your Search Here:

Google
 

Nuffnang

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Got Amazonia II soil in!

Went to C328 again last night and bought a 3 litre pack of Amazonia II soil. The substrate(soil) was put into my tank last night. Took abt 1hr to settle all the soil and re-planting.

The water was cloudy when I poured water into it. Took abt 1 night to settle down by filteration.

The water pH reduced from 7.5 to 6.5. Yay! This pH is important as it provide a suitable environment for fishes and plants to live in.
Oh ya, I did a test on my tap water, it is 7.5 pH. So kinda alkaline.

After which, this morning, i put in 6 tetra and 2 ottos. I hope they will be fine when I go home tonight.
Information about the substrate (soil) :
Amazonia II shares same characteristics with Amazonia for promoting the aquatic plant growth, but it emphasizes the water condition adjustment effect. Compared to Amazonia, Amazonia II tends to lower pH and KH, and it is recommended for the case where tap water is in alkaline.

No comments: